As good journalist and reporter my eyes and ears are always open…, I don’t miss a thing! Today 13 things you did or did not know about our oldest cat Soraya.
- Since April 2007 Soraya lives with us. After an unsuccessful survival trip I (Ruis) ended up in the animal shelter in Geleen (South East of the Netherlands). When the staff came to pick me up they also took Soraya and gave her a forever home & family.
- Soyara is 14 years old! She was born at May 21st in 1993.
- She only listens to Soraya, which is also her birthname, given by her breeder. We don’t know her breeder or her last family because she was brought (with her papers) to the animal shelter.
- Soraya is a cream smoke with white Persian girlcat. Of course she is spayed.:)
- She can talk!! Yes, really. I have never heard such a weird sound from another cat in my whole life. The staff says it sounds like a little kid talking.
- We feel a little sad about the fact Soraya’s last years at her previous home, there she had to stay in one single room. Because of that she is still a little shy when she is in the living room and is too scared to go outside in the garden. She likes it the most in the staff’s bedroom, but she may only be there at night. “She must get used to us and a family life,” the staff says. It improves bit by bit.
- She is/was afraid of me sometimes. 😐 Okay, I’ll be honest with you. I did not liked her at all! She looks very much like Chrissy (Maxime and Ralph’s mommy), she has almost the same color and same look. Chrissy was the Queen in the house as you know what I mean, her will was law! Chrissy went to the Bridge 3 years ago, and now there’s a look-a-like…
- Soraya can scream very, very loud!
- Because she is still too shy to sit on the couch and on the cat tower in the livingroom, she sleeps with the staff. There she feels more free and dares to cuddle and purr, and she gets the attention she needs so much.
- The staff said that I have to be nice to her. All the other cats and doggies here are nice to her. Oh, I know it is my own fault she is here! But since about 2 weeks I am nicer to her because she doesn’t want to be a Queen. I think she will get used to us sooner now.
- Soraya does not like fresh fish and stinky goodness. She only eats her special for her and Maxime’s RC senior dry food. Sometimes I steal a few and I must admit it is yummy.
- She loves to watch television with the staff. CSI and Animal Planet are her favorites.
- Soraya is an older girlcat, but she is very playful. When the staff plays with her she acts like 2 year old. She also has her “crazy” hour as the staff called it.
She doesn’t like her picture taken when she is playing, she quits right away.